Wolum Innovation Grant application keeps coming.
This one is from Bogdan Alexandru, a 4th year student at Technical University of Cluj Napoca, Romania.
This project is meant to create a product that will enable every developer (beginner or skilled ) to have quick access to a User Interface platform that will enable Total interaction with his/her application (being developed).
For this purpose Bogdan’s team is trying to pinpoint a cost effective solution (targeted between 45-75USD ERP ) that is capable of communicating via UART protocol to the host application (embedded or PC based). The main features are:
– LCD with incorporated graphics processor (QVGA to VGA resolution)
– Rotary encoder with push button (effective INTER screen scroll and menu navigation)
– Touch Screen as an complement to the rotary encoder (focused at ON screen menu navigation)
– SD Card to log data
– Easy and simple commands set between host and TUI (via UART in order to enable all UART hosts – Atmel/PIC/8051/ARM/ x86 etc.)
– USB Interface for easy connection to a PC and ability to be used as a peripheral device
– Easily upgradable graphics features (fonts, graphic buttons, bars, turn knobs, switches etc)
The components is planned to be assembled in such a way that the end product should be available at a very affordable price, and ready to be built by a mid skills level electronics enthusiast.