This post is geared to getting your Probotix Fireball Comet up and running as easily as possible.
Before you begin, take some time to make sure your Comet is complete and you are ready to go. Consider this checklist the minimal requirements.
Included in the Fireball Comet complete kit
– Fireball Comet CNC router
– Probotix ProboStep stepper motor controller
– Network connectivity (strongly recommended). Contact probotix for the root password to your system. Change the password immediately!
– 7 Electrical outlets (power strip)
– 36″x48″ sturdy table for Router
– Computer table or stand
– Set up the compter, display, keyboard and mouse. – Plug joystick into computer. As configured EMC2 will not run without the joystick plugged in.
– Connect the ProboStep parallel connector to the central parallel port. There are three parallel ports on the computer. As configured, only this port will work.
– Position the comet so that the cables reach the ProboStep controller.
– Connect the X, Y, Z and A cables as labeled. Connect the final round plug (unlabeled) in to the last remaining space.
– Connect the e-stop cable. This looks like a small headphone jack.
– Connect spindle power cord into ProboStep
– Connect the four power plugs from the ProboStep into a power strip.